Outcomes of the course include:
• acquire the language skills required for academic learning across the curriculum
• listen, speak, read/view and write/present the language with confidence and enjoyment.
• use language appropriately, taking into account audience, purpose and context
• express and justify own ideas, views and emotions confidently in order to become independent and analytical thinkers
• use language and their imagination to find out more about the world around.
• use language as a means for critical and creative thinking; for interacting critically with a wide range of texts; for challenging the perspectives, values and power relations embedded in texts and for reading texts for various purposes, such as enjoyment, research, and critique.
- Teacher: Lebohang Mkhabela